Monday, October 17, 2005


SANXENXO


Sanxenxo is known for its beautiful landscape, beaches and sunny weather.
During the summer months it turns into the tourist centre of the Rias Baixas.
It is full of the best places to practice an active tourism like sailing, windsurfing, water-skiing, horseriding…etc.
It has many parties for the neighbourdhood and all the visitors that want to join in.
“La Lanzada” is probably the best of its beaches and on the last Saturday of August a very popular festival is celebrated there. The festival is called the “bath” of the nine waves. People bathe at midnight in order to be able to get pregnant son.
Sanxenxo is the centre of Galicia for having fun and enjoying the parties. Between the centre of Sanxenxo and its nearly village “Portonovo” ,you are able to find a great number of pubs and discos. Many young people stay up till early hours in the morning in some discos like “The Zoo”.
Well, as you can see, there is no doubt that Sanxenxo is a place you can´t and shouldn´t miss. Come now!!

6 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM AGRRE WITH YOU,IF YOU WANT PARTY GO TO PORTONOVO IN SUMMER!!!!!

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Sanxenxo but I think that it isn't the only place to enjoy and have fun because in summer there are a lot of parties everywhere in Galicia. Galician people like parties very much and they share them with visitors.

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don´t agree with you.I like Sanxenxo and Portonovo but they aren´t the centre of Galicia.Other places have a lot of tourism and party in summer too.

 
At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to disagree, Sanxenxo (and Portonovo) have grew in a way that now they are too overcrowded, too expensive, too stressing... etc

Despite of that fact people keep going there at summer, to a extent where you (if you are Galician) actually find too many known people there. When I go for a holiday, I want to disconnect from my everyday environment and finding everyone at the street is just a "What the hell... Am I in Sanxenxo or in my hometown?"

Anyway, Portonovo is a fine place for one-night-partying at summer, you can get a quick trip from anywhere near in the morning, get some beach, a walk from Sanxenxo to Portonovo (they are one just next to another), and partying at Portonovo at night. If you want to rest, the best choice would be one of the camp places there, although they will be full for sure.

-Iscariote

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger E. Sailor said...

I´ve been in Sanxenxo several times and I´m so tired about it! There are a lot of people, too much, and if you go because you think that it has wonderful beaches that means you don´t go out often.

 
At 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like sanxenxo,but I didn´t like the tourism with a lot of people.In my opinion, I prefer the beachs all for my. Now, there are tourits from Madrid and I think that these tourists are special for galicians people.Galiza isn´t Benidorm.
antón

 

Post a Comment

<< Home