Monday, October 17, 2005

MADRID, the capital of Spain and one of the finest capital cities of Europe, but Madrid is not just a cultural destination.. It is also a lively metropolis with many pubs, cafes, discotheques and nightclubs open late into the night.
The night life in Madrid is diverse.
Between Puerta del Sol and Plaza de Santa Ana, specially in a street called “Calle Huertas”, you will meet a lot of folks. In winter you can stay in a traditional caffes and in summer in the terraces.
In Madrid, you can visit those places:
 Plaza Mayor
 Palacio Real, is an impressive example of classisistic Italian baroque style.
 Casa de Correos, this building impresses by its facade and the two beautiful interior courts.
 Museo de Prado, perhaps the most beautiful neoclassic building of all Madrid.
 Fuente de Cibeles, is considered one of the landmarks of Madrid.
 Puerta de Alcalá, is a beautiful triumphal arch.
 Puerta del Sol, this door was, in 15 th century, the main entrance to Madrid.
The celebrations of New Year, anyhow, are spectacular.
There are many different shops for diverse styles, where you can find everything that you are looking for.
The Parque del Retiro is a special symbol from Madrid.
Madrid offers a rich, big and select international gastronomy, The gastronomy is rich in meats, wines and fresh vegetables.
By Susana

5 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that Madrid isn´t a good place to visit because I went in summer and it was very hot there and there weren´t any people. I had a bad experience in Madrid. I don´t recommend to visit Madrid.

 
At 4:30 AM, Anonymous dmv said...

I visited Madrid in September, and I liked this city. Madrid has culture, modern buildings, theatres, shows, shops, fashion, and good restaurants.
Madrid is the core of Spain, and It is felt when you visit this city.

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to Madrid just once but I’d like to go again because I really enjoyed there… I think Madrid is one of the most wonderful cities in Europe, I really like it.
When I was there I had the opportunity of visit museums like Reina Sofía and Prado and both are very interesting! Also I’ve been at Plaza Mayor and Cibeles (typical from Madrid). But I’d like to go there again because I want to visit more things… like typical Fuencarral market (I think it is one of the coolest markets in Madrid today)
By Pablo Río Barcia.

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous LETICIA said...

First, I congratulate you for your article.
I visited Madrid and, in spite of not visiting all the places which I wanted I visited the Prado Museum, the Reina Sofía Museum, the Bernabeu Stadium,the Attraction Park the Parliament,etc.
I think Madrid is a city with a lot of things to see and places to visit and I like it very much.
In spite of this, I went to Madrid in summer and the temperature was oppressive!

 
At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you from sober o from poland?
yo soy de meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeejico...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home