Monday, October 17, 2005


Lugo


The best city in the World is Lugo. It’s small, peaceful and very interesting.
Lugo is one of the four provinces of Galicia. It is situated in the North of Galicia.
In this city we can enjoy art, for instance, we can see Lugo’s wall that was built in the third century by the Romans. We can also observe the Cathedral that is of Romanesque style.
In addition to art, we can enjoy nature in the recreational area called “Los Robles”. This recreational area is situated near river Miño. Here we can embark on a boat that travels along the river.
The most important party celebrated in Lugo is “San Froilán”, in October. A tradition of “San Froilán” is going to the stalls to eat octopus. University parties are also very famous, since there are a lot of people looking for fun in the streets.
Would you like to come here to visit this beautiful city? There are also numerous concerts and others activities.
By Kily

5 Comments:

At 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that Lugo is a great city for its historical monuments, natural areas and beautifull streets. But I think that Lugo is also a good city for its gastronomy.

 
At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to come to Lugo. It is close to Ourense and the picture look fabulous. I love to see new places and Lugo seems to be interesting and historical place. For sure I will go there in few weeks:)

 
At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blog is interesting to me because I don't know Lugo.
I'm galician, but Lugo is the only province I never visited.
I think it's an interesting city and the blog sum up their characteristics perfectly.
I will visit it!!!

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger E. Sailor said...

I agree that Lugo is a wonderfull city to visit old monuments, streets...I like very much his gardens and squares, but the best think in Lugo is San Froilan Party! I was there this year and I have a good time!Although in that days,all in Lugo is very expensive.
Noelia,2º turismo

 
At 3:52 AM, Anonymous Black Tangerine said...

I went to San Froilán four years ago and I loved it. I went to a concert, visited the city (of course, Lugo’s wall and the Cathedral among other monuments), ate the famous octopus at the stalls… The city is very interesting, food is brilliant and nightlife unsurpassable!!! I had a really good time, although I was only for a weekend. I don’t give up hoping to come back someday. If I visit Lugo again, I’d like to meet you there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home